Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Can you have multiple IreTV in the same room ?

I have 3 different streaming sticks in one room :

• Fire Stick 4K
  • Chromecast Ultra
  • Chromecast with Google TV

Currently, I have one IreTV, attached to the Fire Stick 4K. It works well.

I want to add at least one more IreTV for the new Chromecast with Google TV, and possibly one for the Chromecast Ultra as well.

My question is : is there a way for the multiple IreTV to be configured to respond to different sets of IR remote codes ?

This would be necessary if multiple IreTV are in the same room. Otherwise, they would all answer to the same remote codes.

I don't see any dip switches on the IreTV. I'm not aware of any software to set that up, either. Not sure if it has flash memory to preserve the settings also. Or if it figures out the type of stick automatically.

This room is a projector setup. The display is an Optoma UHD65 4K projector. It doesn't support HDMI CEC. The receiver is a Marantz SR7011, which does support CEC, but has it disabled since the display doesn't support it. With this setup, I can't send IR signals to my display to control any of the 3 streaming sticks via HDMI-CEC. The IreTV solved the lack of IR support for one of the 3 sticks. Is there a way to solve it for all 3 sticks ?